Start a Claim
You can start a claim for packages that have been lost or damaged.
All claims against UPS must be filed in writing with UPS as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 14 days of delivery in the case of damage (including partial loss of a shipment) and in the case of delay within 21 days of delivery.
In addition, UPS shall have no liability in connection with any shipment unless legal proceedings are brought and written notice of them is given to it within six months after delivery of the goods concerned or, in the case of nondelivery, within six months from the scheduled date for delivery. This term shall not affect any rights the shipper may have under applicable Convention Rules or other applicable mandatory national laws.
1. Upon receipt of package, if the package is damaged, inform UPS courier.
2. If the package does not reach the destination for over one month, inform Fuuffy customer services officer for assistance
3. Provide package details
4. Describe the problem
5. Number of lost or damaged items
6. Merchandise Description: Be as specific as possible when providing merchandise descriptions, including but not limited to, product name, brand name, serial numbers, size, color, and quantity.
7. Additional supporting documentation includes merchandise description in the form of receipts, invoices, purchase orders, or other documentation that specifically identifies the merchandise. Supporting documentation also includes photos of damaged packages and/or contents (for Damage claims).
Photo Documentation Requirements
1. A photo of the damaged item
2. A photo showing the damaged merchandise, inside the original box, with all of the original cushioning (picture should show the placement of the merchandise and packaging inside the box)
3. A photo of the packaging material used inside the box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
4. A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number, which usually begins with 1Z)
5. A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available
。The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box.
。The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
6. Two photos displaying all six sides of the package (One photo should display the top and two sides. The second photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides.)
7. Dimensions of the box, including the package height, length, and width
Submitted a damage claim
If you submitted a damage claim, you must retain the damaged item, packaging, and all contents until the claim is resolved. If UPS elect to perform a package inspection, you’ll be required to submit the item, packaging, and all contents. UPS will inspect the damaged package to determine the cause of damage and verify proper packing materials were used (in accordance with the shipping terms). UPS may inspect the package at the shipper's or receiver's site, or collect the package for inspection at a UPS facility.
How long will UPS take to investigate damage or find the lost package?
Depending on the country, the process to investigate a damaged or lost package generally takes 8 to 15 business day. Extenuating circumstances such as insufficient merchandise description or waiting times to receive additional supporting documentation (photos or sales receipts) can extend these time frames.
Preventing Claims Overview
To help prevent damage or loss of merchandise goods, we recommend you follow these tips when preparing your package:
1. Choose new, solidly constructed boxes of corrugated material to give appropriate weight support for your package.
2. Ship cases in corrugated shipping containers.
3. Securely seal contents at risk of leakage.
4. Leave at least 2 inches of space around the item being shipped on all sides for protection.
5. Reinforce package edges to protect from bending.
6. Securely seal package closures and seams with reinforced tape.
7. Include complete address information and telephone numbers on the label.
8. Ensure that the label adhesive is compatible with the package surface to prevent the label from unraveling/peeling, or falling off on items such as carpets, fabric rolls, and exhibition boxes.
9. Place a duplicate address label inside the package in case the external label becomes damaged or illegible.
UPS Denial Reasons:
1. Package insufficiently sealed or closure failed
2. Insufficient packaging, cushioning, or protection
3. Insufficient weight support
4. The product's packaging closure failed, causing leakage
5. Damage to the external case due to no protective covering
6. The package lacked edge protection to prevent it from bending
UPS Claim Result and Claim Amount
UPS has the final decision on the claim result and the claim amount of the claim (including shipping charges and item value).
For more details, please visit UPS website